Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Touching Story

Some authors have the ability to make people and situations come alive...and Sinéad Moriarty is one of them.
  I bought In My Sister’s Shoes a few weeks ago. Yes, it’s a physical book; I didn’t want to forget how they feel.
  In this delightful story, Kate is emotionally blackmailed into giving up her shiny new presenter job in London to go home to Dublin and take care of her sister’s two children, while her sister undergoes chemotherapy treatments.
  By the time I’d read just a few chapters, I knew these characters. I could hear them talking, and I often had a good idea what they’d say next.
  It’s funny, it’s sad, and it’s utterly delightful. I won’t give away any more of the story, but what I will do is buy more books by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment