Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Dubious Distinction

I belong to an online group of authors who previously wrote for Avalon books, the company that was purchased by Amazon. My former Avalon books are now offered under Amazon's Montlake imprint and are available in soft cover, hard cover and e-book format. Okay...that was the commercial.
   Avalon was fairly accommodating in that they always asked the authors for input as to cover design. We'd tell them the story highlights that might make a good cover. In my case, they failed miserably, and I soon learned that I wasn't alone in my disappointment.
   Recently the members of the group started comparing notes on who had the worst cover, and one of the group members - Beate Boeker - had the idea to make a little contest out of it, and invite the public to vote on worst cover. Prize, randomly chosen, is a hardcover of the book. Here's the image of The Gift.
   So join us in poking fun at ourselves. You might win a book. Contest ends 14 Feb.
Here's the link: http://www.avalonauthors.blogspot.ca/2013/02/covers-that-make-you-cry-and-not-in.html

No comments:

Post a Comment