Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Blog About Nothing

   My father used to have an expression that stuck with us kids. We'd giggle behind our hands because Daddy was being naughty. He'd say "I'm running around like a blue-ass fly," with that charming Angle grin. All of my uncles had that grin, come to think of it.
   Can't say I ever saw that blue-ass fly. Oh, wait...of course I didn't; it was too busy.
   More and more I'm feeling like that fly. There just isn't enough time to do everything that needs doing. I try to carve out four or five hours every day for writing, but 'must-do' writing-related chores pop up with such regularity, it's a miracle if I manage to write three days in a row. And that's a pity, because I'm happiest when I'm writing. Being connected, and taking care of business are unavoidable, but for me writing is what it's about. It's my joy.
   Last night (after knocking off 2000+ words),  I saw a blog by Jeff Weiner, CEO of LinkedIn. We women have heard this message many times before: Take Time For Yourself. Jeff's advice isn't quite that simple, but it stuck with me overnight, and this morning I went back and read it again. It's worth a read, and as a bonus, it isn't too long!  Read Jeff's post here. It's about nothing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment