Saturday, June 30, 2012

Something new...



I enjoy designing covers. The act of creating a new cover is a gift to myself...generally when I'm almost finished with a new book.

  Recently I started re-assessing all my covers, and decided regretfully that one should be replaced. I say regretfully, because it's the first one I did, and it was fairly involved. The helicopters were flying the other way in the image I purchased, and I had to cut some out. I then had to figure out how to extend the cover vertically by using bands of colour at the top and bottom. That was biting off quite a bit for someone who had never used the program before.
But I write romance, and although visually interesting, this cover didn't exactly shout romance.



  The new cover will go live on Amazon in the next 24 hours. There's a scene like this in the book, which makes it evocative for me, and I hope for you, the reader. Let me know if you think I did the right thing. I'd love to hear your opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment